1. Learn about the concept of the 4 individuals. The basic premise of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series of books is that the business world is made up of largely 4 types of individuals:
- Employee (E) – has a job.
- Self-Employed (S) – owns a job.
- Business Owner (B) – owns a business system.
- Investor (I) – makes money work for them.
- Changing quadrants is a life-changing experience and often requires a fundamental shift in ones core values in order to come about.
- This requires massive action and massive personal transformation. You will be required to step outside your comfort zone. Once you have crossed the proverbial Rubicon, or "crossed from the left side of the quadrant into right side", there is generally no turning back.
7. Get the skills needed. Many of the skills required to be successful as a Business Owner (B) or Investor (I) are not taught in school. In fact it’s remarkable just how many successful businessmen left school early but got their real education in the cut and thrust of the business world. Most successful business owners are innately curious, knowledge-thirsty and uncompromising in the pursuit of their goals. They chose to learn through Mentors; they read voraciously, and attend training courses and educational seminars converting this knowledge into action.
- The rules of the game are totally different in each quadrant. They are completely different worlds and require different mindsets, tools, skills and behavior. Continuous learning and education will be your constant bedfellows in order to help you on this journey through each quadrant.